Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- City vs. suburban divide apparent from future of I-81 surveys
Innovating Agriculture Series
Agriculture is one of the most dynamic and innovative economic sectors in New York state. With typical ingenuity, growers are tampering with conventional business models, using the latest research to battle pests and mitigate against the impact of climate change.
They’re also keeping an eagle eye on the fracking debate, converting dairy farms to grow hops to meet the needs of the brewing boom, and looking to renewable energy to save on their power bills.
In a series of reports running this week, the Innovation Trail team looks at some of the current challenges and opportunities for the state’s producers.