Most Active Stories
WRVO Job Opening: Member Services Manager
Title: Member Services Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Position summary:The Member Services Manager (MSM) is the first point of contact for all functions related to membership. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the Allegiance membership database, receiving and tracking revenues, preparing and mailing renewal reminders. The MSM will host occasional functions, will work directly with event coordinators to plan and stage events. MSM will participate in underwriting sales meetings as a member of the planning team and will be responsible for accounts receivable billing from underwriting and membership activities.
Compensation: $40,000 plus SUNY RF benefits package
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage all member services including pledge collections and deposits, member data collection and input into Allegiance Membership database system.
- Respond to queries and other communication from members; work with General Manager to facilitate interaction and correspondence with key donors and other stakeholders.
- Track membership donor cycles, prepare renewal reminders, coordinate mailings.
- Oversee online ticket sales for events, work with event coordinator to organize and execute station promotional functions and donor recognition.
- Occasionally serve as host for various events including Discovery Tour bus trips and other outreach activities.
- Record in Allegiance all membership revenues; record and transport to College Foundation all revenue deposits including those for underwriting.
- Assist with on-air fundraisers as coordinator of volunteers and pledge donations.
- Participate in underwriting sales and other development meetings, responsible for accounts receivable billing for underwriting and other activities.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Two to five years member services experience in public radio.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Open, accommodating and friendly interpersonal abilities.
- Experience with Allegiance, Memsys or similar membership data collection and reporting systems.
- Experience working with accounts receivable.
- High school degree or higher.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
WRVO Public Media is a multi-station network with an NPR News/Information format serving Central and Northern New York. WRVO offices and studios are located on the campus of the State University of New York College at Oswego.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and names, affiliations, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to: http://oswego.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=34560
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Research Foundation of SUNY/WRVO is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. No phone calls.
The selected individual will be a Research Foundation of SUNY employee (see: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/ORSP/research_foundation.html). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender, or sexual orientation.