Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Car Donation Program
Do you have an unused car, truck, boat, or SUV taking up valuable space? Perhaps you have learned it will cost more to fix your car than it's worth. Looking for a tax deduction at the end of the year? Then consider donating your vehicle to WRVO Public Media. When you donate a vehicle to WRVO, you get a tax deduction and WRVO gets proceeds from the sale.
Your vehicle donation will be turned into great NPR news and information programming like Morning Edition, All Things Considered or Car Talk (fittingly). Cars, trucks, boats, RVs, campers, construction equipment, and farm equipment are welcome. In most cases your vehicle will be picked up at your location free of charge.
Here’s how it works:
- Call Insurance Auto Auctions at (315) 699-2622;
- Tell them you’d like to donate a vehicle on behalf of WRVO;
- They will arrange to pick up and auction your vehicle at a time convenient for you;
- WRVO is notified by the auctioneer when your vehicle is sold;
- We send you an acknowledgement letter within 30 days of receiving notification of the sale (the form you receive can serve as your 1098C for tax purposes).
If you have questions about donating a vehicle, give us a call at (315) 312-3690 or toll free by dialing (800) 341-3690.