Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
WRVO has received scores of awards over the years in recognition of high achievement in news reporting and public affairs programming. WRVO has received the prestigious Steve Flanders Award from the New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association twice in recent history. The Flanders award recognizes one station among all commercial and public radio stations in New York state for excellence as reflected in the number of first place awards received overall in competition with other stations.
WRVO has also received numerous awards from the Syracuse Press Club and the Associated Press Broadcasters Association of New York.
More information about specific awards: