Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
After Berlusconi, Next Italian Government Takes Shape
After a week of market turmoil over the worsening eurozone crisis, hopes are high that the appointment of economist Mario Monti to head a technocratic government in Italy will reassure lenders that the country can speed economic overhaul. Monti could face obstruction from lawmakers of outgoing Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's party.