Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
On air: Mental health care in upstate New York
This health forum broadcast on WRVO Sunday, May 4 at 7:00 p.m.
The forum explored the current situation for mental health care particularly in upstate New York. What impact does the state government, federal programs like the Affordable Care Act, and non-profits have on mental health care in the community. We discuss the needs and future of mental health care in the region – and how government funding and the social, demographic and economic situation are changing both.
Shawn Johnston, Licensed Master Social Worker, St. Elizabeth Medical Center
Linda Nelson, New York State Office of Mental Health Central New York Field Office Director
Matthew Shapiro, National Alliance On Mental Illness New York State
Catherine Loper, WRVO News Director is moderator.
This forum is sponsored by the Health Foundation for Western and Central New York.