Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
American Money Mess: The View From Europe
As the "super committee" approaches its deadline to cut the federal deficit, host Michel Martin explores how our financial challenges are seen in Europe, and whether woes there are fueled by worries over the U.S. economy. Martin hears from NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax and Federico Rampini of Italy's newspaper La Repubblica.