Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
American Money Mess: The View From Europe
As the "super committee" approaches its deadline to cut the federal deficit, host Michel Martin explores how our financial challenges are seen in Europe, and whether woes there are fueled by worries over the U.S. economy. Martin hears from NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax and Federico Rampini of Italy's newspaper La Repubblica.