Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Angus MacDonald, Unsung Hero
By Skye Rohde
Syracuse, NY – At age 91, Angus MacDonald has decades of activism under his belt. He's been a member of the Syracuse Peace Council since the 1930s, demonstrating -- and being arrested -- in anti-war protests and calling attention to the School of the Americas.
A committee at Syracuse University chose MacDonald as one of four recipients of its 2004 Unsung Heroes Award. The award honors community members who reflect the values of Martin Luther King, Jr.
MacDonald told WRVO's Skye Rohde that he began to embrace nonviolence after World War II.