Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
Angus MacDonald, Unsung Hero
By Skye Rohde
Syracuse, NY – At age 91, Angus MacDonald has decades of activism under his belt. He's been a member of the Syracuse Peace Council since the 1930s, demonstrating -- and being arrested -- in anti-war protests and calling attention to the School of the Americas.
A committee at Syracuse University chose MacDonald as one of four recipients of its 2004 Unsung Heroes Award. The award honors community members who reflect the values of Martin Luther King, Jr.
MacDonald told WRVO's Skye Rohde that he began to embrace nonviolence after World War II.