Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Barge traffic increases along Erie Canal
New York's Erie Canal is reviving its history to again be an economic corridor for commercial shipping through upstate New York — after decades of being mostly used by recreational boats.
Shipping from Canada is expected to lead to a level of commercial traffic not seen in decades.
The Innovation Trail's Ryan Delaney filed this report for NPR's Morning Edition:
Correction: The audio version of this story incorrectly identifies the director of the Port of Oswego as Jeffrey Daniels. His name is Jonathan Daniels.