Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Congress has approved the most significant changes to patent law in half a century. The Senate passed the overhaul Thursday, and it goes to the White House for President Obama's signature. In his jobs speech to Congress, Obama said the new law would speed up the patent process.