Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
S&P dropped Italy's government debt a notch, pointing to weak economic growth and political divisions that could make it harder to resolve its debt problems. Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi shot back with a statement saying the move was "dictated more by newspaper articles than by reality."