Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Originally published on Mon April 30, 2012 7:30 am
The International Labor Organization issued a report Monday warning that austerity measures imposed in many countries are hurting the job market, as well as failing to effectively reduce deficits. The major European economies received the brunt of the report's criticism. The report predicts a 3 percent rise in the global unemployment rate for 2012.