Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Originally published on Mon April 30, 2012 7:30 am
The International Labor Organization issued a report Monday warning that austerity measures imposed in many countries are hurting the job market, as well as failing to effectively reduce deficits. The major European economies received the brunt of the report's criticism. The report predicts a 3 percent rise in the global unemployment rate for 2012.