Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Cain's Tweaked Tax Plan Raises Taxes For The Poor
GOP presidential contender Herman Cain, who has made his reputation with his 9-9-9 tax plan, introduced the variant 9-0-9 plan for the poor, who would be exempt from the income portion of the plan. Experts said the poor, who pay little if any federal tax now, would still see a tax hike.