Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Politics and Government
The Campbell Conversations: Syracuse Common Council Candidates
(Editor's note: Common Councilor Jean Kessner was invited to participate in the panel, but was unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict)
The upcoming Democratic primary for the at-large Syracuse City Council seats contains an interesting twist: The two incumbent Democrats were not endorsed by the city party committee. They in turn gathered petitions and forced a primary with the two committee designees. On this week’s edition of the Campbell Conversations, three of those four candidates join Grant Reeher for a conversation about what all that reflects regarding the workings of the council, and the political relations between the council and the mayor.
The forum aired in two parts. Below is part one, which aired on August 11, followed by part two, which aired August 18.