Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Politics and Government
The Campbell Conversations: Syracuse Common Council Candidates
(Editor's note: Common Councilor Jean Kessner was invited to participate in the panel, but was unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict)
The upcoming Democratic primary for the at-large Syracuse City Council seats contains an interesting twist: The two incumbent Democrats were not endorsed by the city party committee. They in turn gathered petitions and forced a primary with the two committee designees. On this week’s edition of the Campbell Conversations, three of those four candidates join Grant Reeher for a conversation about what all that reflects regarding the workings of the council, and the political relations between the council and the mayor.
The forum aired in two parts. Below is part one, which aired on August 11, followed by part two, which aired August 18.