Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Carl Paladino Campaign For Governor
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Buffalo real estate developer Carl Paladino launched his campaign for governor yesterday.
At a rally, the Republican set the tone for his candidacy.
"Well I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore," said Paladino.
He faces competition for the Republican nomination from former Congressman Rick Lazio and Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy.
Paladino wants to cut spending across the board and close the state's borders to welfare recipients.
"We are the only state in the union that allows the media access to our Social Welfare system and our Medicaid system, to anyone that arrives from anywhere and simply applies. It's bankrupting us," said Palidino.
According to the New York Times, Lazio's campaign is ignoring Paladino out of fear of legitimizing his campaign.
Levy called Paladino a "sound bite machine."