Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
City Leaders, Labor Battle Over Scrapping Pensions
San Diego city leaders who want to eliminate pensions for most new city employees are trying to get a measure on next year's municipal ballot. Such measures require thousands of voters to sign a petition saying they want to vote on the matter. But a labor-backed group is fighting the effort with a radio ad that links signing the petition to the possibility of identity theft.