Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Around the Nation
Colorado Restaurant Has A Furry New Regular
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 11:08 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
The Edelweiss Restaurant in Colorado Springs has a new regular: a six-foot-tall bear. Security video taken early Wednesday shows the bear standing on its hind legs, pulling a dumpster out of view. The bear dragged it 50 feet into the parking lot, turned it over and went to town on some German leftovers. Guess it was good, because the next day, he came back for more. Edelweiss is known for a traditional steak dish called ruladen. I don't know about the bear. I prefer schnitzel. It's MORNING EDITION Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.