Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Around the Nation
Colorado Restaurant Has A Furry New Regular
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 11:08 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
The Edelweiss Restaurant in Colorado Springs has a new regular: a six-foot-tall bear. Security video taken early Wednesday shows the bear standing on its hind legs, pulling a dumpster out of view. The bear dragged it 50 feet into the parking lot, turned it over and went to town on some German leftovers. Guess it was good, because the next day, he came back for more. Edelweiss is known for a traditional steak dish called ruladen. I don't know about the bear. I prefer schnitzel. It's MORNING EDITION Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.