Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Coming Up: September Jobs Report
The Bureau of Labor Statistics is due to release figures on the September unemployment rate and the number of jobs on payrolls at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Economists are expecting to hear that the jobless rate stayed around 9.1 percent and that there was net job growth of only about 55,000 positions.
We'll update this post with highlights from the report shortly after its release. So check back or hit your "refresh" button to see our updates.
And, as always, our friends at Planet Money are around to explain the economy's ups and downs.