Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Congressional Candidate to Start Running Early TV Ads
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – People living in central New York and the Rochester area can expect to see television commercials supporting Democratic Congressional candidate Dan Maffei beginning today and running through Election Day. Maffei is running for the 25th Congressional district seat being left open by the retirement of Jim Walsh.
Republican Dale Sweetland is also running for the seat. According to Maffei spokesman Michael Whyland, Maffei is the first Congressional candidate in the state to start running television ads. Maffei also ran for the seat in 2006, losing to Walsh by 1 percent.
Whyland added that Maffei raised $470,000 in the latest filing period, bringing his campaign fund total to $1.3 million. The campaign has $950,000 in cash on hand.