Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Congressional Candidate to Start Running Early TV Ads
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – People living in central New York and the Rochester area can expect to see television commercials supporting Democratic Congressional candidate Dan Maffei beginning today and running through Election Day. Maffei is running for the 25th Congressional district seat being left open by the retirement of Jim Walsh.
Republican Dale Sweetland is also running for the seat. According to Maffei spokesman Michael Whyland, Maffei is the first Congressional candidate in the state to start running television ads. Maffei also ran for the seat in 2006, losing to Walsh by 1 percent.
Whyland added that Maffei raised $470,000 in the latest filing period, bringing his campaign fund total to $1.3 million. The campaign has $950,000 in cash on hand.