Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Counties Continue to Try to Foreclose on Oneida Properties
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Two Upstate counties are continuing their efforts to foreclose on Oneida Indian Nation properties.
After the Supreme Court ruled that non-reservation lands owned by the tribe were taxable, both Madison and Oneida Counties filed suit.
Madison County's foreclosure proceedings have been delayed. Oneida County's have just begun.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to the Chairman of the Madison County Board of Supervisors, Rocco DiVeronica, and got this update.