Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Counties Continue to Try to Foreclose on Oneida Properties
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Two Upstate counties are continuing their efforts to foreclose on Oneida Indian Nation properties.
After the Supreme Court ruled that non-reservation lands owned by the tribe were taxable, both Madison and Oneida Counties filed suit.
Madison County's foreclosure proceedings have been delayed. Oneida County's have just begun.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to the Chairman of the Madison County Board of Supervisors, Rocco DiVeronica, and got this update.