Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Counties Continue to Try to Foreclose on Oneida Properties
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Two Upstate counties are continuing their efforts to foreclose on Oneida Indian Nation properties.
After the Supreme Court ruled that non-reservation lands owned by the tribe were taxable, both Madison and Oneida Counties filed suit.
Madison County's foreclosure proceedings have been delayed. Oneida County's have just begun.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to the Chairman of the Madison County Board of Supervisors, Rocco DiVeronica, and got this update.