Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Around the Nation
Couple Celebrates Annivesary With Trip To Maine's Capitol
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 5:53 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Marcine and Nita Lou Webb marked 65 years of marriage with a trip to Augusta, Maine, completing a mission to visit all 50 state capitals. Asked how Maine's capitol building compared to the others, Marcine gave it a medium, but high marks for friendly atmosphere. When they went to the gallery to see a debate, the House speaker recognized them and the legislators gave them a standing O.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.