Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Around the Nation
Couple Celebrates Annivesary With Trip To Maine's Capitol
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 5:53 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Marcine and Nita Lou Webb marked 65 years of marriage with a trip to Augusta, Maine, completing a mission to visit all 50 state capitals. Asked how Maine's capitol building compared to the others, Marcine gave it a medium, but high marks for friendly atmosphere. When they went to the gallery to see a debate, the House speaker recognized them and the legislators gave them a standing O.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.