Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Debunking Black Marriage Myths
A recent article in Empower magazine says that media and popular opinion are too pessimistic when analyzing the success of black couples. Ivory Toldson, a senior research analyst for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, says he crunched the numbers and found fallacies in the negative stereotypes associated with black courtship and marriage. He speaks with Michel Martin.