Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Democratic Party Prepping For Giffords Re-Election Bid
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) said the Democratic National Committee was prepping for a re-election bid in case Giffords decides to run.
As Bill reported, last night, Giffords made an unexpected and emotional return to the House to cast a vote in favor of the bi-partisan budget bill. It was her first appearance on the House floor since a gunman shot the congresswoman in the head during a meet-and-greet in Tucson, Ariz.
"She is remarkable. Her recovery has been miraculous," Wasserman Schultz said, though she acknowledged that her colleague and close friend "still has a long way to go" to make a full recovery.
"She still has intensive rehabilitation, physical and occupational and speech, and she's working hard. In fact she went right back to Houston, and she'll be back in all her therapies tomorrow," Wasserman Schultz said.