Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
Democratic Party Prepping For Giffords Re-Election Bid
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) said the Democratic National Committee was prepping for a re-election bid in case Giffords decides to run.
As Bill reported, last night, Giffords made an unexpected and emotional return to the House to cast a vote in favor of the bi-partisan budget bill. It was her first appearance on the House floor since a gunman shot the congresswoman in the head during a meet-and-greet in Tucson, Ariz.
"She is remarkable. Her recovery has been miraculous," Wasserman Schultz said, though she acknowledged that her colleague and close friend "still has a long way to go" to make a full recovery.
"She still has intensive rehabilitation, physical and occupational and speech, and she's working hard. In fact she went right back to Houston, and she'll be back in all her therapies tomorrow," Wasserman Schultz said.