Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Around the Nation
Designers To Put Homer Simpson's Car To The Test
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
"Simpsons" fans might remember an episode where Homer designs a car. It's a puke-green monstrosity with tail fins, extra-large drink holders and a bubble dome to keep kids separated. Well, they couldn't resist. Some automotive designers built a real car based on Homer's epic design.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "THE SIMPSONS")
DAN CASTELLANETA: (as Homer Simpson) D'oh.
GREENE: It may not be powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball, as Homer described his, but they'll put it to the test tomorrow in California.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.