Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Developing: Explosion At Nuclear Reprocessing Plant In France
The local newspaper reports it has been told there was "no radiation leak" earlier today after an explosion at a nuclear fuel reprocessing facility in southern France.
But much remains unknown about just what happened at the plant in Marcoule, near the Mediterranean Sea.
At least one person was killed in the incident, French media say.
We'll update this post as more information comes in.
Update at 8:20 a.m. ET. "No Discharge":
Le Figaro (translated into English via Google Chrome) writes that "the incident took place in the center of society Centraco Socodei, a subsidiary of EDF to Codolet, said a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Commission (CEA). 'At the moment, there is no discharge to the outside,' he added.