Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Developing: Explosion At Nuclear Reprocessing Plant In France
The local newspaper reports it has been told there was "no radiation leak" earlier today after an explosion at a nuclear fuel reprocessing facility in southern France.
But much remains unknown about just what happened at the plant in Marcoule, near the Mediterranean Sea.
At least one person was killed in the incident, French media say.
We'll update this post as more information comes in.
Update at 8:20 a.m. ET. "No Discharge":
Le Figaro (translated into English via Google Chrome) writes that "the incident took place in the center of society Centraco Socodei, a subsidiary of EDF to Codolet, said a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Commission (CEA). 'At the moment, there is no discharge to the outside,' he added.