Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Developing: Explosion At Nuclear Reprocessing Plant In France
The local newspaper reports it has been told there was "no radiation leak" earlier today after an explosion at a nuclear fuel reprocessing facility in southern France.
But much remains unknown about just what happened at the plant in Marcoule, near the Mediterranean Sea.
At least one person was killed in the incident, French media say.
We'll update this post as more information comes in.
Update at 8:20 a.m. ET. "No Discharge":
Le Figaro (translated into English via Google Chrome) writes that "the incident took place in the center of society Centraco Socodei, a subsidiary of EDF to Codolet, said a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Commission (CEA). 'At the moment, there is no discharge to the outside,' he added.