Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Farmers in NYS Ready for Biofuel Push
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Governor Pataki has signed an executive order requiring state agencies to use more biofuel in their vehicles.
That means more work for local corn farmers.
It also means that work will have to move full speed ahead on two proposed biofuel refineries in Central New York.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to the New York State Farm Bureau's Peter Greg about how the agriculture industry is preparing for the biofuel revolution.