Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Farmers in NYS Ready for Biofuel Push
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Governor Pataki has signed an executive order requiring state agencies to use more biofuel in their vehicles.
That means more work for local corn farmers.
It also means that work will have to move full speed ahead on two proposed biofuel refineries in Central New York.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to the New York State Farm Bureau's Peter Greg about how the agriculture industry is preparing for the biofuel revolution.