Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Feature: Analyzing Al Jazeera
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – In the early days of the conflict with Iraq, footage shot by Arab TV network Al Jazeera was a staple on news outlets in the United States.
Now that coverage has all but vanished.
Al Jazeera's English language website has also had problems. First, too many hits crashed the site. Then hackers, apparently upset with graphic footage of casualties, sabotaged the site.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Syracuse University political science professor and Arab scholar Mehrzad Borougerdi about Al Jazeera.
Click on the icon above to hear the full interview.
Links of interest: