Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Feature: Analyzing Al Jazeera
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – In the early days of the conflict with Iraq, footage shot by Arab TV network Al Jazeera was a staple on news outlets in the United States.
Now that coverage has all but vanished.
Al Jazeera's English language website has also had problems. First, too many hits crashed the site. Then hackers, apparently upset with graphic footage of casualties, sabotaged the site.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Syracuse University political science professor and Arab scholar Mehrzad Borougerdi about Al Jazeera.
Click on the icon above to hear the full interview.
Links of interest: