Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Feature: Analyzing Al Jazeera
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – In the early days of the conflict with Iraq, footage shot by Arab TV network Al Jazeera was a staple on news outlets in the United States.
Now that coverage has all but vanished.
Al Jazeera's English language website has also had problems. First, too many hits crashed the site. Then hackers, apparently upset with graphic footage of casualties, sabotaged the site.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with Syracuse University political science professor and Arab scholar Mehrzad Borougerdi about Al Jazeera.
Click on the icon above to hear the full interview.
Links of interest: