Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Fixing up Downtown Syracuse one Building at a Time
By Justin Laird
Syracuse, NY – Local community action group, Adapt CNY is working on fixing up old buildings in downtown Syracuse for use as new loft apartments. They hope the new living space will improve downtown.
Volunteers have been working for weeks, trying to empty out years worth of trash.
Looking for a reason why people would donate their time to such an unpleasant task, WRVO's Justin Laird found himself in an abandoned night club at 9am on a Saturday with a group of volunteers.
Photos by: Ryan Morden
More information about the Pike Block project can be found here: http://www.pikeblock.com/. The clean-out's are scheduled for Sat, February 20th and Sat, March 6th from 9 am - 1 pm. Hard hats, gloves, masks, coffee and lunch will be provided. Adaptcnyupdates@gmail.com