Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Food Safety and Nutrition
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The issues of food safety and nutrition will be foremost on the mind of Assemblyman Felix Ortiz in the 2004 Legislative session.
The Brooklyn Democrat is chair of the Assembly Task Force on Food, Farm and Nutrition Policy. Three-years ago, he held public hearings on food-related diseases like Mad Cow Disease. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with Assemblyman Ortiz earlier this week. (interview)
Ortiz also says funding to fight obesity might have to come from a "fat tax" on junk food.