Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Food Safety and Nutrition
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The issues of food safety and nutrition will be foremost on the mind of Assemblyman Felix Ortiz in the 2004 Legislative session.
The Brooklyn Democrat is chair of the Assembly Task Force on Food, Farm and Nutrition Policy. Three-years ago, he held public hearings on food-related diseases like Mad Cow Disease. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with Assemblyman Ortiz earlier this week. (interview)
Ortiz also says funding to fight obesity might have to come from a "fat tax" on junk food.