Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Fowler Celebrates, Copes with Diversity
SYRACUSE, NY (July 29, 2011) - Syracuse's George W. Fowler High School is one of the state's most seriously challenged public schools. And city officials, teachers, parents and the students themselves say, that's what makes Fowler graduates extra special.
At the commencement ceremonies for Fowler's class of 2011, WRVO's Joyce Gramza was in the crowd.