Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Fowler Celebrates, Copes with Diversity
SYRACUSE, NY (July 29, 2011) - Syracuse's George W. Fowler High School is one of the state's most seriously challenged public schools. And city officials, teachers, parents and the students themselves say, that's what makes Fowler graduates extra special.
At the commencement ceremonies for Fowler's class of 2011, WRVO's Joyce Gramza was in the crowd.