Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Update: Five tornadoes hit upstate New York Tuesday
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Fuentes Criticized Power Before It Was Fashionable
Mexican author Carlos Fuentes died Tuesday at age 83. He was a prolific novelist whose work was read by everyone from the Mexican elite to the working class, making him one of the country's most influential social critics. Host Michel Martin speaks with OC Weekly columnist Gustavo Arellano about Fuentes' influence, both in Mexico and abroad.