Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Ga. Death Row Inmate Denied Clemency, Despite Support
On Tuesday, Georgia's pardons board rejected a last-ditch plea for the clemency of Troy Davis, who is to be executed Wednesday for killing a police officer. Davis claims innocence. No physical evidence links him to the murder. His supporters, including legal professionals, say the case is rife with doubt.