Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
GOP Candidate Buerkle Holding Meetings On Health Care
By Ryan Morden
Oswego, NY – Republican and Conservative party candidate for Congress Ann Marie Buerkle is planning on holding a series of town hall meetings on health care.
Buerkle is trying to unseat Democratic Dan Maffei in the 25th Congressional district. According to Buerkle, Maffei has failed to hold town hall meetings to discuss his vote on health care overhaul with constituents.
Buerkle said she's in favor of repealing the new bill.
"We feel that there are many, many people in the district who are concerned about --and have questions-- regarding this new health care bill. So we are going to give them the opportunity to ask questions and to vent their concerns or their feelings about the bill, and we'll just listen. We are conducting what was called a listening tour," said Buerkle.
Her Listening Tour began in Salina yesterday, March 22. Buerkle plans to hold more town halls in Cayuga and Wayne Counties.
A spokeswoman for Maffei said he has held several question and answer events and held other meetings since the health care bill passed, including a telephone town hall last night.