Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Governor Paterson to Hold Town Hall Meeting in Syracuse
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – New York lawmakers didn't meet Governor David Paterson's deadline Friday for delivering their proposals to close a billion dollar gap in the state budget.
The Senate and Assembly wouldn't say if they planned to submit any proposals before a November 18 special session Paterson called to address the state's fiscal crisis.
Paterson will be in Syracuse on Tuesday for a town hall meeting on the state's budget crisis. The meeting is being held at the Crouse-Hinds Theatre in Syracuse and will be televise by PBS stations across the state.
Members of the public are invited to attend, but must pre-register by today.
To register, email your name, address and phone number to