Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Grant Reeher speaks with Sorayya Khan, an Ithaca-based novelist who writes about Pakistan.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego, NY – Sorayya Khan is an Ithaca-based novelist who writes about Pakistan. In this conversation, she discusses the political and interpersonal concerns that drive her work, as well as the writing process. Along the way, she also weighs in on American understandings of Islam, and the controversy over the Muslim community center planned for lower Manhattan.