Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Group urges Governor to close tax cap loophole
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – An advocacy group is urging Governor Andrew Cuomo to veto a loophole cut into the new law capping local government and school district tax levy increases at 2%.
The loophole addresses the cost of worker pensions, a cost that local governments and schools cannot control.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt says the group wants the Governor to veto the loophole.