Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Group urges Governor to close tax cap loophole
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – An advocacy group is urging Governor Andrew Cuomo to veto a loophole cut into the new law capping local government and school district tax levy increases at 2%.
The loophole addresses the cost of worker pensions, a cost that local governments and schools cannot control.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt says the group wants the Governor to veto the loophole.