Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
More News From WRVO
Group urges Governor to close tax cap loophole
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – An advocacy group is urging Governor Andrew Cuomo to veto a loophole cut into the new law capping local government and school district tax levy increases at 2%.
The loophole addresses the cost of worker pensions, a cost that local governments and schools cannot control.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt says the group wants the Governor to veto the loophole.