Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Group urges Governor to close tax cap loophole
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – An advocacy group is urging Governor Andrew Cuomo to veto a loophole cut into the new law capping local government and school district tax levy increases at 2%.
The loophole addresses the cost of worker pensions, a cost that local governments and schools cannot control.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt says the group wants the Governor to veto the loophole.