Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Gun Lobby opposes DEC commissioner nominee
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, New York – The confirmation of Governor Spitzer's nominee to be the state's Environmental Commissioner is once again being held up.
A Senate committee this week questioned Alexander "Pete" Grannis but failed to hold a vote to confirm the long-time State Assemblyman. Opposition to his nomination is coming from the gun lobby...hunters and sportsmen's groups.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Tom King...President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association.