Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Gun Lobby opposes DEC commissioner nominee
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, New York – The confirmation of Governor Spitzer's nominee to be the state's Environmental Commissioner is once again being held up.
A Senate committee this week questioned Alexander "Pete" Grannis but failed to hold a vote to confirm the long-time State Assemblyman. Opposition to his nomination is coming from the gun lobby...hunters and sportsmen's groups.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Tom King...President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association.