Most Active Stories
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
More News From WRVO
Gun Lobby opposes DEC commissioner nominee
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, New York – The confirmation of Governor Spitzer's nominee to be the state's Environmental Commissioner is once again being held up.
A Senate committee this week questioned Alexander "Pete" Grannis but failed to hold a vote to confirm the long-time State Assemblyman. Opposition to his nomination is coming from the gun lobby...hunters and sportsmen's groups.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to Tom King...President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association.