Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Guy Stern on the Campbell Conversations
When he was 15, Guy Stern emigrated from Germany to the United States in order to escape the Holocaust. He then returned to Europe following D-Day, as a U.S. Army interrogator. After the war, he became a distinguished scholar of German studies and literature. In this edition of the Campbell Conversations, Guy describes his emigration and his war experiences.
He also reflects on his post-war adjustment in the States, the current debates about torture and interrogation, and America's memory of the Holocaust.