Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
How Jalalabad Became A Hot Bed Of Afghan Insurgency
Reporting from Afghanistan, Morning Edition's Renee Montagne looks at the city of Jalalabad. That's where top al Qaida leaders were last seen as they fled Kabul, and disappeared into the mountains of Tora Bora on their way to Pakistan.