Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
eBay To Open A Pop Up Shop In London
Originally published on Mon November 21, 2011 7:58 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business retail convergence. The worlds of cyber consumption and real shopping are coming together.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Many brick-and-mortar retailers have tried to sell on the Web. And now one of the biggest e-commerce companies is setting up a brick-and-mortar store - if only a temporary one.
INSKEEP: EBay is opening what's called a pop-up shop in a busy commercial area of London next week. There will not be any used items for sale and no auctioneer. In fact, there won't be any products at all, except for some tablet computers and smartphones loaded with the eBay mobile app.
WERTHEIMER: The idea is that shoppers will stop in when they're out and about, browse the eBay website and make some online purchases in the store. That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
INSKEEP: And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.