Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
United, Delta Upgrade Overhead Bins
Originally published on Tue March 6, 2012 12:13 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And our last word in business has some good news for travelers – bigger bins. People have been avoiding checked-baggage fees by carrying on bags onto airplanes - that includes bags too big for the overhead bins. Now United and Delta Airlines are enlarging their bins, though there is some fear this will prompt people to bring bags that are even bigger.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.