Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Least Active City Mocks 'Men's Health' Ranking
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
Lexington, Kentucky has been crowned America's least active city by Men's Health magazine. And over the weekend the city mocked that top ranking. Mayor Jim Gray led a sedentary parade through the city, riding on a moving couch with coffee table. The parade was followed by events promoting activities from soccer to yoga. Mayor Gray disagrees that Lexington is the absolute least active city, but he says sometimes we need to poke fun at ourselves to improve ourself. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.