Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Around the Nation
Least Active City Mocks 'Men's Health' Ranking
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
Lexington, Kentucky has been crowned America's least active city by Men's Health magazine. And over the weekend the city mocked that top ranking. Mayor Jim Gray led a sedentary parade through the city, riding on a moving couch with coffee table. The parade was followed by events promoting activities from soccer to yoga. Mayor Gray disagrees that Lexington is the absolute least active city, but he says sometimes we need to poke fun at ourselves to improve ourself. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.