Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Libya's Oil Production To Resume Shortly
Libya is poised to bring its major source of wealth back on line in a matter of days. Oil profits will be vital to a government that has much of its money tied up in frozen overseas assets. The Transitional National Council has said repeatedly it will honor all the contracts made with oil companies by the Gadhafi regime. Critics say those contracts were riddled with corruption.