Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Libya's Oil Production To Resume Shortly
Libya is poised to bring its major source of wealth back on line in a matter of days. Oil profits will be vital to a government that has much of its money tied up in frozen overseas assets. The Transitional National Council has said repeatedly it will honor all the contracts made with oil companies by the Gadhafi regime. Critics say those contracts were riddled with corruption.