Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
Around the Nation
'Life-Like' Polamalu Frightens Wax Museum Fans
Originally published on Fri October 7, 2011 10:55 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, host: Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
If you don't already find wax museums a bit creepy, this might convince you. NFL star Troy Polamalu is famous for his long, black curls. And it's quite plausible he would be among the lifelike statues in Hollywood's Madam Tussauds. So when visitors sidled up for a souvenir photo with the wax figure in a Steelers jersey, they got a shock. It was alive. It was Polamalu in the flesh shooting a commercial and playing a prank. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.