Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Around the Nation
Life Savings Left In Donated Suit
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Many of us have left something in a jacket at the dry cleaners, so it's easy to relate to the man who took his suit to Goodwill and gave it away. Only after he left did he realize what a donation he'd made. The suit had $13,000 inside. The elderly man doesn't use banks. That's his life savings.
Goodwill is now trying to find the gray coat and pants, which may be in a warehouse or may already have been purchased. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.