Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Around the Nation
Life Savings Left In Donated Suit
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Many of us have left something in a jacket at the dry cleaners, so it's easy to relate to the man who took his suit to Goodwill and gave it away. Only after he left did he realize what a donation he'd made. The suit had $13,000 inside. The elderly man doesn't use banks. That's his life savings.
Goodwill is now trying to find the gray coat and pants, which may be in a warehouse or may already have been purchased. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.