Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Around the Nation
Life Savings Left In Donated Suit
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Many of us have left something in a jacket at the dry cleaners, so it's easy to relate to the man who took his suit to Goodwill and gave it away. Only after he left did he realize what a donation he'd made. The suit had $13,000 inside. The elderly man doesn't use banks. That's his life savings.
Goodwill is now trying to find the gray coat and pants, which may be in a warehouse or may already have been purchased. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.