Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Around the Nation
Life Savings Left In Donated Suit
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Many of us have left something in a jacket at the dry cleaners, so it's easy to relate to the man who took his suit to Goodwill and gave it away. Only after he left did he realize what a donation he'd made. The suit had $13,000 inside. The elderly man doesn't use banks. That's his life savings.
Goodwill is now trying to find the gray coat and pants, which may be in a warehouse or may already have been purchased. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.