Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – One out of four Central New Yorkers cannot read above the eighth-grade level.
The Central New York Community Foundation wants to reverse that startling statistic.
It officially begins a literacy initiative dubbed "read ahead" at a luncheon today. Popular children's author Charles R. Smith Jr. is the keynote speaker. He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.