Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – One out of four Central New Yorkers cannot read above the eighth-grade level.
The Central New York Community Foundation wants to reverse that startling statistic.
It officially begins a literacy initiative dubbed "read ahead" at a luncheon today. Popular children's author Charles R. Smith Jr. is the keynote speaker. He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.