Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Little League Games end due to street violence
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – A Syracuse Common Council member is upset with a decision by a suburban little league to stay away from an inner-city ballpark because of a fatal shooting on a nearby street in May.
Coaches and parents of kids in the Apple Valley League canceled plans to play at Skiddy Park following the shooting.
This was supposed to be the inaugural year of the new ballfield, which was renovated with the help of Major League Baseball.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with 2nd District Councilor Marty Masterpole about the decision.