Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Local Vietnam Vet Pushes for Highway Dedication
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – Thursday marks the 34th anniversary of the fall of Saigon and a central New York Vietnam veteran wants to remind others that the sacrifice made by the 58,000 Americans who died fighting in Southeast Asia is not forgotten.
Lauren Dates of Victory, NY wants to name NYS Route 38, which stretches from northern Cayuga County to Owego, near Binghamton a Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway.
Click the player above to listen to an interview with Dates. If you are interested in learning more or would like to contribute to the effort, email Dates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a map of the proposed route:
View NYS Route 38 in a larger map