Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Making Big Money, Giving It Away
Since 2008, philanthropist Adrienne Arsht has donated $56 million to nonprofit organizations from Miami to Manhattan. She explains that giving is not about showing off, but it's a core responsibility, and big differences can result from small donations. Arsht is profiled in the latest Washington Post Magazine. She speaks with Michel Martin.