Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Making Big Money, Giving It Away
Since 2008, philanthropist Adrienne Arsht has donated $56 million to nonprofit organizations from Miami to Manhattan. She explains that giving is not about showing off, but it's a core responsibility, and big differences can result from small donations. Arsht is profiled in the latest Washington Post Magazine. She speaks with Michel Martin.