Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Making Big Money, Giving It Away
Since 2008, philanthropist Adrienne Arsht has donated $56 million to nonprofit organizations from Miami to Manhattan. She explains that giving is not about showing off, but it's a core responsibility, and big differences can result from small donations. Arsht is profiled in the latest Washington Post Magazine. She speaks with Michel Martin.