Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- SU students protest closure of sexual assault advocacy center
Mark Monmonier on The Campbell Conversations
You'd think that Global Warming would make for less snow, but in this episode of the Campbell Conversations we learn why it might produce more snow, at least in Central New York. Host Grant Reeher talks with Mark Monmonier about his latest book, Lake Effect: Tales of Large Lakes, Arctic Winds, and Recurrent Snows. Find out what fascinated this Geography professor so much about our local snowfalls that he wrote an entire book about the phenomenon.